Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Mental Exercise


My experience with the loving- kindness exercise was very relaxing I caught myself dosing off about 3 of 4 times but I did get all the way through the exercise. I feel like I would recommend this exercise to other people because of its relaxation advantages.

A mental workout is like any other exercise it allows the mind to focus and concentrate in a meditation form According to Dacher a “mental workout is to utilize contemplative practices to help tame the mind’s constant mental activities and train it along with opening one’s heart, expanding consciousness, and progressing towards psycho-spiritual flourishing (Dacher, 2006). I feel that the benefits of a mental workout include stretching of psyche and mental development. I feel to use mental health to foster psychological health by meditation and other relaxing mental activities

 Dacher, E. (2006). Integral health: The path to human flourishing. Laguna Beach, CA: Basic Health Publications, Inc.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment