Monday, August 19, 2013

Greater health and wellness

Meditation has really fostered a high increase in my psychological and spiritual wellness because it allows me to stop, relax, and refocus on the things in my life that I feel are of importance to me. Meditation gives me the ability to control my breathing while at the same time giving me a better control of the spiritual aspect of my life. I feel that having a better control on the spiritual aspect of my life gives me an advantage on the psychological and ultimately the physical parts of my personal well being.
I feel that the saying "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" is a very true statement. As a healthcare professional how can I lead a patient to the path of better wellness if I don’t live by those same rules myself? I cannot tell a person to do something that I wouldn’t do that is kind of a hypocrite and I cannot live my life as a hypocrite.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I have to agree with you on the aspect of meditation. It has definitely helped me to focus and to calm myself. I am at a crossroads in my life right now and need calm and direction. When the chatter in my mind is gone, I can really focus. That focus derived from meditation has been awesome!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete